Well here I sit, the day after the “official” end of the 2008 Summer Lacrosse Season and wonder what to do with myself. Over the month of August, along with the first nine days of September, I filled my addiction and was absolutely out of my mind with all of the lacrosse I was able to witness. What a spoiled brat I was….
But for LITG, the fun has only just begun. I want to officially announce our best Contest to date. With the approaching 2009 National Lacrosse League Season, I will be seeking NLL correspondents to assist Lacrosse – Inside The Game in reporting on all of the weekly games. What I mean is, we need a lacrossed crazed fan, that is willing to go to all home games, and report back, in an unbiased manner all the of the happenings, all of the big plays, all of the big hits, on a weekly basis.
You see the problem for me, is that I do not have the resources or the physical ability, and really never will, to attend every game, every week, in every city across Canada and the United States. And that is where you come in.
I am in the process of trying to attain Media Passes for every city in the NLL. Of course, this will take a while and I am really hoping that all teams will allow LITG to be at their games. To date, I have had two responses (cities that you will have to wait to hear, but that will happen in the next couple paragraphs…..keep reading).
So here is the deal; I want you to do up your own video, with you doing a mocked up report for your team, and I want you to post it on Youtube www.youtube.com or Live Video www.livevideo.com or somewhere else that I can see it.
Here is what we want in your video:
- Video must be at least 5 but not more than 10 minutes in length
- Show that you know lacrosse in your commentary / interview
- Be professional, but be fun
- Male and Female reporters are all welcome to enter
- Entrants must be 18 or older
- Creativity will be considered when judging
- We are more interested in your lacrosse knowledge, people skills and professionalism than most anything else
Here is what we want from you through the season:
- Be able to attend every home game of your team
- Demonstrate that you are a knowledgeable lacrosse enthusiast, and that you have the ability to capture that in a written / video form
- Act in a Profesisonal manner 100% of the time
- Prepare a post game report on the game possibly with a few pictures
- Ideally, do a 3-5 minute post game video interview with a player from either team (meaning you will need a camcorder)
Here is what we will do for you:
- Get you the required Media privileges to gain entrance to each home game for your team
- Deck you out in some official LITG Gear to wear at the game so folks know who you are
- Give you an opportunity to become a well known name in the NLL community of players, coaches, etc.
- Give you a number of contacts and support you each step of the way
At this time, LITG is not in a position to pay these positions. However, we do expect that to change and if / when it does, those who have put forth the effort and remained with us will be rewarded.
I want you to email me firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your video. I will look at all of the entries along with a select few others. I will then narrow down to anywhere from 3-5 entries, and will ask for more information (i.e. a resume type bit of information), and will announce a winner. We may or may not post them, and ask for viewer input (still to be determined).
Each winner will then be granted a 2009 Media Pass to the city in question and will report back for LITG at every weekly home game.
As stated we are in the process of getting Media Privileges and will announce each city as they become available. Our first two cities / teams are……
|Portland Lumberjax||Chicago Shamrox|
So, any of you in the Portland and Chicago areas, get your camcorders out, work on your broadcasting skills, make a tape up and fire me off an email.
Because this is our first requests for tapes the deadline will be a little extended. Everyone else that might be interested in other cities, please be proactive as the next requests will not get as much time.
The deadline for the Portland and Chicago entries is September 30 / 2008, which is just 20 days away. Get going!